1. If you have not already, I encourage you to read through the material on this website to familiarize yourself with my practice and to prepare for our first session.
2. Once you have scheduled your appointment, go to the Helpful Forms section, print the appropriate intake packet (individual or couples), complete all pages prior to our meeting, and bring them with you to our first session.
3. If paying privately, bring cash, check, or credit card to cover the cost of your session, or you may prepay here. If using your insurance benefits, please familiar yourself with my office policy regarding insurance prior to our meeting.
4. In our first session, we will discuss the presenting reason(s) for which you have decided to seek therapy. Issues of privacy and confidentiality will be reviewed, and I will answer any questions you might have. We will identify treatment goals and formulate a plan which suits you and your needs, including frequency of sessions and homework, if deemed appropriate.
5. Above all else, do your best to relax, as this is a confidential, non-judgmental space in which to unpack all which is troubling you. There is no "right" way to "do" therapy. Oftentimes, it is simply a matter of having truthful and authentic conversation.